CADM Tempo Awards Honor Chicago's Best Multichannel Response Marketing Work, Talent
CHICAGO (June 21, 2019) — The American Medical Association (AMA) was recognized with the Future Forward Award at the 2019 Tempo Awards Celebration in Chicago on June 20. The award recognizes innovation in data, strategy, and creative work that demonstrates the future state of response marketing. Based in Chicago, AMA promotes the art and science of medicine and the betterment of public health. The association was honored for its AMA Membership Moves Medicine campaign.
Thirty-eight marketing companies and advertisers/brands submitted entries for 20 categories. The campaigns launched between Oct. 1, 2017, and Dec. 31, 2018, and were part of marketing programs designed to generate measurable response from a target audience.
The Tempo Awards are sponsored by the Chicago Association of Direct Marketing [CADM].
"Tempo celebrates and honors the best and brightest marketing work and professionals in Chicago's Multichannel Response Marketing Community" explained CADM President Rosann Bartle. "As marketers, we are always working ahead of the trends and, oftentimes, do not take the time to appreciate our accomplishments and achievements. CADM is proud to help recognize our multichannel response marketing community and their accomplishments."
Forty experienced response marketers judged the entries. First place winners include:
- Art Direction Craft — CBD Marketing, "Kick-Ass Women" Volume 3
- Automotive Sector — Merkle, Time to Get Away — MINI Q4 Sales Event for MINI
- Best Acquisition Campaign — Merkle, Spider-Man: Into the Spider-Verse Giveaway for Sony
- Best Loyalty/Retention Campaign — American Medical Association, AMA Membership Moves Medicine
- Branded Website Channel — Orbit Media Studios
- Campaign Microsite — AbelsonTaylor, Vericel/MACI for Vericel/MACI
- Copywriting Craft — Epsilon, American Red Cross Donor Campaign for Donor Recapture and Retention for American Red Cross
- Direct Mail Channel — Uline, Shipping Things
- Direct Mail Under $250,000 — Eire Direct, The Morton Arboretum for The Morton Arboretum
- DRTV/DR Radio Channel — Jacobs & Clevenger, Consumers Energy — ASP Radio Spots for Consumers Energy
- Email Channel — Jacobs & Clevenger, HERE — VP3 Activation — Spring Email Campaign for HERE
- Financial Services Sector — Jacobs & Clevenger, Jack Henry Seasonal Debit/Credit Card Campaign for Jack Henry & Associates
- Home Services Sector — CBD Marketing, Whirlpool Pro for Whirlpool Corporation
- Insurance Sector — MERGE Chicago, Indiana University Health Plans 2019PY Medicare Advantage AEP for Indiana University Health Plans
- Not-For-Profit Sector — American Medical Association, AMA — Membership Moves Medicine Campaign
- Pharma &/Or Healthcare Sector — AbelsonTaylor, COOLIEF* Visibly Painful Campaign for Avanos Health/COOLIEF*
- Search & Display Channel — Coming of Age, Humana Maximize Your Benefit Cross-Channel Campaign for Humana
- Social Media/Content Channel — Merkle, Spider-Man: Into the Spider-Verse Giveaway for Sony
- Transportation, Travel & Hospitality Sector — JJR Marketing, $25 Million Transformation for Hilton Chicago/Oak Brook Hills Resort & Conference Center
- Future Forward Award — American Medical Association, AMA Membership Moves Medicine
Click here for a complete list of winners.
In addition, the following nine marketers were recognized at the Tempo Celebration for their outstanding leadership:
- Charles S. Downs Marketer of the Year— Mary Olivieri, CBD Marketing
- Susan Kryl Silver Marketers of the Year— Chris Gloede, Ricochet Advisory Services; Meg Goodman, Jacobs & Clevenger; and Todd McNab, Epsilon
- Emerging Leaders of the Year— Kylie Knur, JJR Marketing; Gen Petrova, AbelsonTaylor; and Alissa Ursiny, CBD Marketing
- Pat Wheelless Mentor of the Year— Beckie O'Connor, Convier Collective
- Natalie P. Holmes CADM Volunteer of the Year— Bob Vevang, Convier Collective
About CADM: As Chicago's collaborative community for multichannel response marketers, CADM sparks ideas, business relationships and career growth.