Build a Marketing Plan Around Your Best Customer
- Consolidate review loops. Hold some projects for customer review until you have the majority of work that needs their review/approval.
- Identify one point of contact. The customer shouldn't have to contact one person for written content, another for video, a third for social, etc.
And remember to help the customer out! Be aware of how much time they're investing in helping you and ensure that time is reciprocated. Taking them out for a nice dinner never hurts.
There is a lot of work involved in successfully marketing a customer story, so it might pay to get an agency to do the heavy lifting. Look for one that you can build trust in and one that has a firm grip on all the customer marketing activities you want to undertake.
- Articles (79 percent), social media (74 percent), and blogs (65 percent) are the three main content marketing techniques used by B-to-B marketers.
- Only 25 percent of B-to-B marketers use content marketing for customer retention.
- Eighty-nine percent of B-to-B marketers cite customer testimonials as the most effective form of content marketing.
Mandy Emel is an account director specializing in digital projects, content creation and customer experiences for London-based marketing agency and solutions provider Metia. Reach her at Mandy.Emel@metia.com.