Brand Matters: Brand Sabbaths
- How can we leverage the investments in our brand touchpoints more thoroughly?
- Are we planning our projects prudently and intentionally putting our customer at the heart of all we do?
- Do we know what our specific competitive edge is, and are we confidently telling (and showing!) our customers in every transaction how and why we are different?
- What can we repurpose? Reengineer?
- Do we throw money at projects first, or have we kept a common sense bootstrap mentality to problem solving and spending?
- Do we understand how our customers' wallets may have changed in these recessionary times?
The Time Piece of the Energy Pie
- Does everyone understand our brand's top three priorities for the next six to 12 months?
- How do all our activities line up in relation to those priorities?
- What is taking us off task?
- What brand activities can be simplified? Eliminated? Or, possibly combined in new ways to be more effective?
- When is the last time we celebrated a small win?
- When is the last time we reviewed how we could make a particular brand activity better for the future?
- Are we embracing the power of checklists to streamline processes?
- When is the last time brand leaders walked a mile in the customers' shoes and discussed their findings?
Sabbaths are good for the soul of your brand. Fight the Resistance. Just do it. Then smile as you check it off your list!
Andrea Syverson, author of "BrandAbout: A Seriously Playful Approach for Passionate Brand-Builders and Merchants," is president of IER Partners, a strategic branding and merchandising consultancy. Reach her at email@example.com.
Andrea Syverson is the founder and president of creative branding and merchandising consultancy IER Partners. For 20+ years, Andrea’s joy has been inspiring clients with innovative approaches to branding, product development and creative messaging. She’s the author of two books about brand building and creating customer-centric products that enhance brands: BrandAbout: A Seriously Playful Approach for Passionate Brand-Builders and Merchants and ThinkAbout: 77 Creative Prompts for Innovators. You may reach her at firstname.lastname@example.org.