8 Springtime Marketing Tips
Spring has arrived! For some, springtime can symbolize new life and a period of rejuvenation. Professionals looking to sharpen their marketing skills can learn a thing or two from the way in which spring can capture the fundamentals of marketing and strategic thinking. Standing out in today’s jam-packed market can sometimes prove challenging. Spring can be an excellent way to start anew with innovative strategies.
Here are eight springtime marketing tips you need to know in order to be successful:
- Planting the Garden: If you plant it, it will grow! But where to start? Well, brands that tell a compelling story get the most attention. Trustworthy storytelling helps consumers feel closer to a brand. Nike gets this right. There is a story associated with just about everything it offers — and audiences engage, share and talk about the brand.
- Birds of a Feather Flock Together: So, how do you attract the right customer? How do you speak to your audience? What is your authentic voice? Knowing how to communicate with your prospects and clients helps determine the type and style of the content you should share. Knowing your specific audience profile is just as important as knowing your product.
- Choosing the Right Fertilizer: How will you ever grow? How can your marketing be relevant or effective if your team doesn’t reflect your target audiences? Be sure to look for the best, brightest and most dynamic cultural mix of marketing masters who understand today’s socially conscious consumers and watch your business grow.
- Be a Social Butterfly! Creating thought leadership content (e.g. guest blog posts) for popular industry sites and including a link back to your business can be a smart way to build awareness in niche markets. This builds traffic, as well as brand authority. Be social and share your content on Facebook, Twitter and Instagram, as well.
- Soak Up Some Sun: Here’s a helpful tip — Don’t be afraid of the media. Public relations can be a fantastic way to gain the spotlight for your marketing efforts. If you feel you have story to tell and the right person to pitch, there’s a good chance reporters may be interested. Get out in the sunshine!
- Having a Garden Variety: Add some sizzle! Catching people’s attention in 2018 is harder than ever. It pays to be creative. Try a variety of fun tactics, such as creating sharable memes, participating in strategic sponsorships, pinning your images to Pinterest or posting photos from user-generated content. On its Instagram page, Old Town, an iconic walking district in Kissimmee, Fla., that is full of shops, rides, food and entertainment, regrams wonderful photos from its users, which has enhanced social engagement.
- Staying Fresh as a Daisy: Spring cleaning is about embracing the mantra of "out with the old and in with the new." In marketing, it's important to know what's working and what's not. In an effort to stay fresh, knowing which marketing tactics to “feature" and which ones to “edit" is important to the success of any campaign. For example, a trendy local coffee shop doesn't need to spend all of its advertising dollars on a wide-reaching, social media-only strategy. Instead, consider allocating some of that budget to organic, local efforts, like sampling at special events or creating surprise pop-up shops in surrounding neighborhoods.
- Celebrate a Bumper Crop: When implementing a marketing campaign, one of the most important components is metrics. Metrics will let you know how you’re doing in order to maintain success. Evaluating how your campaigns are measuring up to your goals helps you make the proper adjustments and gives you an accurate report to know if you are blooming!