8 Local Search Marketing Tips to Attract Customers to Your Site
If you use local search to market your business, you've probably developed the right keywords and search phrases as part of your marketing plan and as a strategy to attract customers to your site. But have you done everything possible to leverage these efforts?
Here are a few local search marketing best practices that can take your campaign to a whole new level and deliver the results you've been hoping for.
1. Add fresh content to your Web site regularly. This content can include: news and press releases to keep your customers informed; special discounts, offers or updates on your products or services; customer quotes or testimonials that validate your business; resources for recommended vendors or affiliate partners; and links to information or companies you support.
2. Update your online listing often. Do you have special coupons to offer prospective customers? If so, make sure to add these to your site along with a specific call to action or offer to create a sense of urgency.
3. Be aware of ratings and reviews written about your business. According to JupiterResearch, 77 percent of online shoppers use ratings and reviews when purchasing goods and services. Positive ratings and reviews can help potential customers make their purchase decisions. If you have happy customers, encourage them to submit positive reviews about your business. Word-of-mouth can work wonders for you online. Negative feedback, on the other hand, can provide helpful insight that can be used to make changes to your customer service process.
4. Make your site more visually appealing. Add your logo, photos and videos of your business to your Web site and profile page. Also consider adding a blog or podcast to help educate your customers and prospects about your goods and services.
5. No Web site? No problem. If you don't have a Web site, create a customized landing page or profile page that can be instantly updated as products or services change.
6. Brand. Brand. Brand. Make sure your Web site or profile page reflects your brand with the right messaging and keywords for SEO. Feature your URL prominently so customers and Web-indexing technologies can always find you.
7. If appropriate, keep it local. If your business is looking to boost its visibility locally, be sure your Web site or profile page is rich with references to your city or neighborhood. Also, be sure the full address of your business is listed on your site's homepage or profile page.
8. Build "back links" or links from the local search engine to your site. These links can contribute to your overall SEM efforts.