6 Ways Dell Uses Social Media to Drive Sales and Improve the Customer Experience
6 Takeaway Tips
Cassizzi wrapped up her presentation by leaving the audience with six thoughts to remember when developing their brand's social media efforts, both as a revenue generator and customer engagement tool:
- Connect directly with consumers. Human interaction should be authentic, Cassizzi stressed.
- Listen, engage and respond. Follow this process and you'll bring consumers’ experiences with your brand to life, Cassizzi said.
- Measure and adapt. Test new things and understand how they affect your customers. Dell measures social media's impact on its business through a variety of metrics, including number of mentions, tone of conversation and where conversations are taking place on a daily basis; revenue contribution, trends, traffic and sentiment numbers on a weekly basis; and establishing long-term goals (e.g., product changes) on a monthly or quarterly basis.
- New tools should amplify your brand. Social media should serve as a portal to help you improve how you relate to consumers, Cassizzi said.
- Look for opportunities within your social media efforts to thank, help, appreciate and delight consumers.
- Focus on customer value first; business value (i.e., revenue) will follow.