- Barcoding/Watermarking: QR Code takes up fixed real-estate on the page.
- Image Recognition/Visual Search: Can virtually be invisible, because the entire image can be recognizable.
Ease of Accessibility
- Barcoding/Watermarking: Must capture the full code perfectly, with no distortion, in order to access the content.
- Image Recognition/Visual Search: Can “click” any part of the page to receive the embedded content.
- Barcoding/Watermarking: Because the barcode must be present in the end print, it can only be added to newly produced printed content.
- Image Recognition/Visual Search: Because nothing must be added to the printed piece, it can enable any piece of content, printed anytime, in the past or in the future.