That’s the gist of the Nov. 19 LinkedIn Pulse post from John Foley, CEO/CMO of interlinkONE and Grow Socially. In “10 Ways to Interact with Your Audience Online,” he writes:
- Expand Webinar Promotion Into More Channels. Marketers were going to host the webinar, anyway. “You can announce webinars on your blog, social media sites, website or e-newsletter,” Foley writes. Viola! New consumer data.
- Expand E-newsletter Coverage Into More Channels. Are marketers getting the idea? The more places marketers inhabit, the more consumers they will meet. “Integrating YouTube videos of customers or employees discussing a particular subject, blog posts and sharing pictures of events your business has participated in” can pique reader interest and humanize the brand, he hypothesizes.
- Event and Seminar Invitations. Interestingly, Foley is suggesting just social media invitations to these offline events.
- eBook and Whitepaper Downloads. Many marketers already use these to collect data and use behavioral targeting and lead scoring. Foley suggests the best method of finding new names is promoting these on social media and providing a landing page with a form that asks for one piece of user data and two engagements. “Having them enter their email address and answer two or three survey questions before downloading the content gives you the chance to gain more information,” he says.
- More Omnichannel Consumer Engagement Options Include: Create a contest, create a poll, record a video, organize testimonial interviews, write a blog and host a Twitter chat, Foley says.
What else can marketers do to gain organic opt-ins?
Please respond in the comments section.