4 Habits of Successful Mobile Marketers
Today's mobile marketing landscape is more competitive than ever. CNN Money made "marketing consultant" No. 2 on its list of best jobs in America a few years back, and today, more and more enterprising young professionals are flocking to the field.
The good news is, the industry is ripe with opportunity for new marketers to dig in their heels and make an impact for their brands. The bad news? Seasoned professionals know that it takes more than a degree to be successful in this business.
To help, here are four good habits that marketers should make routine in order to find success in the mobile space:
Habit No. 1: Make a Plan and Follow It
Successful mobile marketers recognize the need to be proactive, not reactive. In short? These professionals know how to make a plan, and work that plan.
The bad news? More than half, 62 percent to be precise, of marketers either don't have a content marketing strategy, or don't have their strategy documented.
Just by writing down your strategy, your likelihood of success increases. This is a habit of all highly successful people—not just marketers.
One well-known study of this phenomenon followed graduates of the 1979 Harvard MBA program. They were interviewed while they were students, and again 10 years later. The 13 percent of the class who had goals, but did not write them down earned twice the amount of the 84 percent who had no goals. But the 3 percent who had written goals earned, on average, 10 times as much as the other 97 percent of the class combined!
In short, create a written plan—whether it's for the month, for the year or for a single campaign. It's one of the easiest ways to stay accountable to your goals, keep a project on schedule and continue to make progress toward the finish line—even while putting out fires.