3 Tips to Maximize E-mail Delivery Rates
In today's marketing environment, e-mail campaigns are more important than ever. With more consumers relying on e-mail for communications, and more messages hitting their inboxes, it's crucial for marketers to make sure their e-mails are delivered.
In a recent whitepaper, Email Delivery Rates Above 95%: 16 "Must Dos" to Make It Happen, e-mail marketing company Silverpop touches on ways to improve delivery rates.
1. Minimize spam complaints. According to the whitepaper, minimizing your spam complaint rate is the top priority for any e-mail communication. To stay out of the spam folder and in the good graces of recipients, follow these best practices:
- Only send to a permission-based list.
- Use a confirmed opt-in if spam complaints are high.
- Encourage new subscribers to add your e-mail address to their address books.
- Don't over-e-mail.
- Don't send unexpected e-mail.
- Use your most recognizable and expected brand name as part of your sender/from name.
- Avoid exclamation points and aggressive subject lines.
- Make it easy to unsubscribe.
3. Validate e-mail addresses at opt-in. Make people confirm their e-mail addresses on opt-in pages, and add validation code that detects domain misspellings, incomplete addresses and common mistakes that alert users to correct the problem immediately.
For more tips from the whitepaper, register to receive it for free http://silverpop.com/landing/08TargetSite/Deliverability.html