3 Industry Trends That Boost Email Campaigns
In addition, it was noted that the majority of companies in these industries focus more on personalized and relevant content to recipients compared to other industries.
What email marketers can learn from this is twofold:
- If you don't have something to say, subscribers don't have something to read.
- Subscribers engage with content that's personal and relevant to their lives and businesses.
Many email service providers offer personalization tools to assist with this, but relevant and newsworthy content is what will separate who gets read and who gets deleted. Hey, nobody said the inbox was a friendly place!
Clean lists mean clean money
Industries across the board are starting to take list hygiene seriously, if recent stats are anything to go by. The overall median hard bounce rate was just under 0.04 percent. That's an eye-popping 95 percent decline from the previous year.
Clean lists lead to less bounces, less money spent on sending emails to unresponsive addresses and less wasted engagement with people who don't want your email.
Email marketers should make good email conduct and list hygiene a top priority to get the most out of their efforts. Industry trends help identify what's working and what isn't. Email marketers should take advantage of the above trends by doing the following:
- Provide useful content that's referred to or referenced more than once.
- Use personalization tools and keep up to date with news that's relevant to readers.
- Build strong email lists and maintain those lists through list hygiene.
Related story: 5 Email Consumer Behaviors That Can Make You Money