23 Keys to Targeted Landing Pages
In the world of marketing, the conversion rate is the golden goose. It is the final goal by which the bulk of our efforts are measured. Targeted landing pages are Web pages that contain detailed information about a marketing offer or message and that attempt to make a convincing argument for why the recipient should join the ranks of the converted.
In pursuit of your own golden goose, your landing page should first and foremost:
- Provide a path for your lead or prospect to become a customer
- Enable your lead or prospect to become a customer
- Resolve any concerns they may have about becoming a customer
Few efforts improve conversion results better than the implementation of targeted or dedicated landing pages. As you implement landing pages for your campaigns, you realize advantages, such as:
- Improving the conversion rate of marketing campaigns
- The ability to test individual and global design elements and isolate the most-effective conversion components
- High visibility and tracking of visitor engagement and behavior
- The ability to display messaging specific to the source or to the list segment
- Contributes to your website's search engine optimized (SEO) content
- Enables you to use heat maps for a graphical view of engagement
Design is the most-important consideration when implementing targeted landing pages. A well-designed page will easily and positively impact your conversion rate. Trust in the designer is critical—especially so if your page has a form and you are attempting to collect information from the visitor—an effective and professional design will go far in establishing your credibility and trustworthiness.
Headline and Page Title
You have about two seconds to convince your visitor to stay on the page and this makes your headline crucial. Make sure you get it right, even if you have to get it wrong first. Using targeted landing pages, you can easily test several headlines through the use of duplicate landing pages or by making changes to your primary page over a span of time.
Email marketing is the most effective way to increase sales, improve service, and keep your customers engaged. Email campaigns are best bolstered through an integrated strategy that crosses channels and meets your constituents where they congregate and in the media they prefer. “The Integrated Email” provides best practices and ideas for developing strategies and deploying email campaigns and initiatives while keeping an eye on revenue attributable to marketing.
Cyndie Shaffstall, founder, Spider Trainers, is a successful entrepreneur and prolific author, with many books, dozens of eBooks, and hundreds of articles to her credit. She is the former founder of ThePowerXChange, editor and publisher of X-Ray Magazine, and the current founder and managing member of Spider Trainers, a managed automated email services provider for companies around the world. Connect with Cyndie on LinkedIn, Twitter, Google+, or join her LinkedIn Group, the Marketing Resource Library for daily links to marketing-critical resources.