• Presented By: Book Business
• Sponsored By: Follett Digital Resources
• Duration: One hour
• Speakers: Joe Wikert
, Vice President and Executive Publisher, John Wiley & Sons
• Moderator: Matt Steinmetz, Special Projects Editor, Book Business
• View this Webinar
Amazon’s e-reader is less than one year old and continues to get plenty of buzz. So why do quite a few publishing professionals still remain unconvinced that the Kindle is a game-changing device? Publisher and blogger Joe Wikert
looks to address this point, as well as several others in a free, hour-long webinar.
Join Book Business and Joe Wikert as he discusses:
• Getting beyond the awful design
• Wireless connectivity – the killer app?
• Why Amazon is uniquely positioned for success
• 140K+ titles seems like a lot… until the one you want isn’t available
• Leveraging the long tail of your content
• The importance of the $9.99 price point
• What content formats work? Which ones don’t? How might this change?
• Graphics in four shades of gray
• The (obvious) importance of testing your content
• Thinking beyond the static print book
• The Kindle as a pre-pub promotional device
• What can we learn from Feedbooks?
• Benefits to Kindle use within your organization
• Features he’d like to see in Kindle 2.0, 3.0 and beyond…
A big fan of the Kindle, Joe launched his Kindleville blog
shortly after the device was launched. Don’t miss this free webinar to find out how you can maximize the benefits of the Kindle for your readers and your bottom line.To view this Webinar, click here.