Summer Blockbusters: They Don’t Always Disappoint
Been to the movies lately? Neither have I, but I do have a few summertime musts on my list:
10. Disaster movie: It’s not current events in Washington, it’s what’s going on in the database — get it cleaned up. Here’s a perspective from Radius.
9. In work and life: Skip complaining about Millennials and Plurals, and consider today’s realities. One perspective from Canada.
8. Speaking of Plurals, they’re entering the market now, so get to know them (what, they skip advertising?!): https://socialmediaweek.org/blog/2016/02/forget-millennials-meet-plurals/
7. Transition the ads: There’s a wholly updated portfolio of digital ad specs and standards to take command of from Interactive Advertising Bureau: https://www.iab.com/newadportfolio/
5. Wow, congratulations! What a lineup of Direct Marketing Club of New York Silver Apples 2017 honorees — from IAB, American Express, PCH, Bottom Line and more — I must get a ticket for November 16.
3. Yes, I do believe in “Wonder Women” — a summer highlight after all: http://www.dmnews.com/2017-marketing-hall-of-femme/topic/51589/
2. Get on it …You have exactly five days to get your blockbuster breakthrough entered in this year’s Innovation Awards.
1. Set you travel plans for October 8-10, NOLA. It’s not for Bourbon Street, but maybe some late-night jazz and all my data and marketing questions answered at Data & Marketing Association’s &Then.
Looks like I’ve got a busy month ahead, and not in a theater near you!
Marketing Sustainably: A blog posting questions, opportunities, concerns and observations on sustainability in marketing.
Chet Dalzell has 25 years of public relations management and expertise in service to leading brands in consumer, donor, patient and business-to-business markets, and in the field of integrated direct marketing. He serves on the Direct Marketing Association International ECHO Awards Board of Governors, as an adviser to the Direct Marketing Club of New York and Marketing Idea eXchange, and is senior director, communications and industry relations, with the Digital Advertising Alliance. Chet loves UConn Basketball (men's and women's) and Nebraska Football (that's just men, at this point), too!