How to Use Webinars to Increase Sales in 5 Steps
Let's face it. Our baby is ugly. The word "webinar" has become synonymous with "boring." But for a minority of B-to-B marketers, webinars are money in the bank. Are you wondering how to use webinars to increase sales and generate leads? I've discovered the answer: Helping viewers get so confident, so trusting, that they jump at the chance to engage more seriously.
On average, most webinars keep 40 percent of their listeners attention from start-to-finish. My webinars keep 94 percent of attendees to the end. My best webinar had a 29 percent close rate.
I'm not bragging; I'm following the success tips of others and sharing what I learned with you. Here's how to use webinars to increase sales in five steps.
The 5 Steps to Success
- Go beyond relevant: Make the title irresistible. Your topic must be goal-oriented-specific to a pain, fear, goal or ambition of your customer. More importantly, your title must promise complete satisfaction in a way that customers cannot resist acting on (signing-up AND showing-up).
- Skip the introduction. Other than a passionate 30-60 seconds on why you are bothering to invest your time, skip it! After all, you're talking into the air at them, alone in a room. You must be on a mission. This is where you connect with the audience. It's do or die.
- Promise viewers something NEW. Literally say to them, "I know you don't have time to waste, so I'm not going to waste it. Most likely, what I'm about to tell you about ______ (insert audience's goal or pain) will be new to you ... you've probably not heard this before."
- Meet that expectation & create hunger for more. Give insights and next steps they've never heard before. Be crystal clear. Use stories to illustrate, punctuate. Guide prospects in ways that encourage them to ask more questions and creates intense curiosity in what else you can offer (e.g., what you sell).
- Help customers, and yourself, with a call-to-action. At the end of your webinar, if you've structured it correctly, viewers will crave more from you. They'll want more clarity, more insights ... more specific details about you or your business. Your call to action gives them a way to satisfy that hunger—and it gives you a lead (or sale).
Want to see a webinar like this in-action? Check out this LinkedIn webinar and come back to the five steps above—notice how it follows these guidelines.
Jeff Molander is the authority on making social media sell. He co-founded the Google Affiliate Network in 1999, and has been selling for 18 years. Jeff is adjunct digital marketing faculty at Loyola University’s business school, a social sales trainer and author of the first social selling book, Off the Hook Marketing: How to Make Social Media Sell for You. Most social selling trainers teach the value of engaging customers and providing relevant content. Then they demonstrate the technology. But no one tells you exactly how to produce leads and sales—using a proven, systematic approach to content. Until now.