A Revenue Marketing Journey: The Conclusion
Sixteen months ago, we started the revenue marketing journey together. We defined revenue marketing as the combined set of strategies, processes, people, technologies, content and result measurements across marketing and sales.
What followed was a series of articles that chronicled the major tasks fundamental to transforming your marketing organization to one that influences revenue in a predictable, scalable way. We covered, in the following order, the organization structure, the processes, content, channels, technology and analytics. Links to all 16 posts are provided below.
- First Steps in the Revenue Marketing Journey
- An Organizational Structure for Modern Marketing Success
- Marketing Operations Grows Up: Why Unicorns Rule
- Driving Demand Generation: Who Belongs on That Bus?
- The Digital and Content Team: Is Splintering a Verb?
- 5 Core Marketing Operations Processes to Master
- 7 Outrageous Lead Management Errors and How to Fix Them
- Is Data-Driven Decision-Making (3D) at the Heart of Your Marketing Organization?
- Add Data Operations to Accelerate Your Revenue Marketing Journey
- WARNING Don’t Wing Campaign Development: 6 Steps to a Flawless Rollout
- Are You Drowning in Content Chaos?
- Brilliant Marketing: Why Thomas Edison Was Light-Years Ahead of His Time
- How to Formulate Your 2018 Content Marketing Strategy
- Your Prospects Are Multichannel. Are You?
- How Marketing Operations Chooses Wisely Between Bright, Shiny Objects
- Get Revenue Marketing Analytics Right for 2018
Now that we have covered the fundamentals of revenue marketing, it is time to discuss how we operationalize a response to the big challenges facing marketing today using our revenue marketing capabilities. How do we help marketing become even more accountable, fully execute a digital transformation, and embrace the customer experience as the dominant competitive battlefield?
Next month, we will start with accountability and how to shape those quarterly and annual goals of the marketing organization.
Kevin Joyce is VP of marketing strategy for The Pedowitz Group. He's a marketing executive with 34 years of experience in high tech, in positions in engineering, marketing, and sales. In the past 16 years Mr. Joyce has worked with many companies on their revenue marketing and demand generation strategies. With a unique combination of marketing skills and sales experience he helps bridge the gap between sales and marketing.
Mr. Joyce has successfully launched numerous products and services as a Director of Product Marketing at Sequent, as a Director of Sales at IBM, as Vice President of Marketing at Unicru, and as CEO at Rubicon Marketing Group. He has been VP of Marketing Strategy with the Pedowitz Group for more than six years. He holds a BS in Engineering from the University of Limerick, Ireland and a MBA from the University of Portland. Connect with Kevin on LinkedIn or email him at email@example.com. Download TPG’s new white paper: Introduction to the Revenue Marketing Center of Excellence here.