Worldata List Price Index Reveals Fall 2012 Lead TrendsNovember 20, 2012
Worldata continues to closely track International data:
- Permission-Based International Email remains the highest priced list rental category at $388/M - which is a $13/M decrease from Fall 2011.
- The price has dropped 3.24 percent since last Fall, and $13/M from last quarter.
The Straight Average Graph (Chart 1) in the Worldata List Price Index examines the average cost per thousand (CPM) of the lists we have grouped in each category. Triple bars are used in each category for easy comparison of Fall 2010 and 2011 prices to Fall 2012 prices.
- Permission-Based Consumer Email takes the lead as the lowest-priced category, with an average list price of $74/M. This is a $7/M decrease from its price in Fall 2011 and the lowest priced list category in the history of the List Price Index.
- The second lowest priced category of Fall 2012 at $84/M is Donors.
- Permission-Based Medium-Large Business Email files show a straight average CPM of $248/M, maintaining its position as the highest-priced domestic category for list rental this quarter, although it is a $4/M decrease from Fall 2011.
The Straight Dollar Change Graph (Chart 2) shows the precise dollar amount that the average price for each category has changed within the specified 12-month period.
- The largest price decrease from Fall 2011 to Fall 2012 occurred in the Permission-Based Medium-Large Email category, which dropped $13/M from Fall 2011 to $388/M.
- The largest price increase that occurred from Fall 2011 to Fall 2012 was $5/M, which was seen in the Databases/Masterfiles category.
- The Attendees/Members and Newsletters categories both saw the next highest increase in list price, $2/M to $132/M and $162/M respectively.
The Straight Average Percent Dollar Change Graph (Chart 3) takes into consideration the percent change in price for each category.
- The Permission-Based Medium-Large Email category reflects the largest percent decrease at 8.64 percent.
- The highest percentage increase occurred in the Databases/Masterfiles category with a 4.5 percent increase.
Worldata and its group of companies are the recognized leaders in direct and interactive marketing solutions, specializing in: Email and Postal List Management, List Brokerage, Custom Marketing Solutions, Database Marketing Services, Email Transmission and Tracking, Data Hygiene and Processing, Change of Address, Merge/ Purge, Lead Generation and Banner Advertising. More information about Worldata can be found at www.worldata.com or by contacting Ray Tesi, senior vice president, at 800-331-8102 or via email at email@example.com.