Target Marketing Group Honored With 2013 Silver Apple Award
We are very pleased to share that the Direct Marketing Club of New York has chosen the Target Marketing Group for this year’s corporate Silver Apple Award! The group includes Target Marketing, Retail Online Integration, Fundraising Success, eM+C, Direct Marketing IQ and the Who’s Mailing What! archive.
We are delighted to be receiving such an honor alongside this year’s impressive lineup of individual honorees (including a Golden Apple!). Thank you very much to the Direct Marketing Club of New York, to everyone who supported them choosing us for this award, and to all the people who have helped us over the decades to build the Target Marketing Group up to what it is today.
The complete press release with all of the 2013 honorees follows. We hope we’ll see some of you in New York on Nov. 7 for the award ceremony!
DIRECT MARKETING CLUB OF NEW YORK ANNOUNCES 2013 SILVER APPLE AWARD HONOREES, AND A GOLDEN APPLE HONOREE
Direct and Interactive Marketing Leaders Share Honors at Annual Gala
on Thursday Evening, Nov. 7, 2013, at New York’s Edison Ballroom, Times Square
The Direct Marketing Club of New York announced today the recipients of its 2013 Silver Apple Awards, now in its 29th year. The Silver Apples recognize individuals and organizations for their outstanding contributions to direct and interactive marketing, during a career spanning at least 25 years. In addition, for the fifth time in its history, the organization also announced it will bestow a Golden Apple to honor an individual for 50 years of service. A gala to mark the awards will be held Thursday evening, Nov. 7, at New York’s Edison Ballroom.
The Silver Apple 2013 honorees include:
- Liberta Abbondante, Senior Vice President, Consumer Marketing, Hearst Magazines, a unit of Hearst Corporation (New York, NY)
- Pete Carney, Founder & President, Carney Direct Marketing (Irvine, CA)
- Richard Hochhauser, Instructor, Baruch College-City University of New York; Professor, New York University; Former President & Chief Executive Officer, Harte-Hanks (New York, NY)
- Deborah Holland, Executive Vice President, Publishers Clearing House, Inc. (Port Washington, NY)
- Gary Laben, Chief Executive Officer, KBM Group; President, Wunderman Data & Insight (Dallas, TX)
- Richard Vergara, Vice President, MeritDirect (Rye Brook, NY)
The corporate Silver Apple Award honoree for 2013 is Target Marketing Group (Philadelphia, Pa.), for its 37-year history of coverage of the direct marketing field across all channels and sectors.