How and Why to Launch Your FinServ Blog
Financial services marketers solving their customers’ monetary problems gain the most traction with their content, according to the Financial Brand.
Blogs solve several marketing and branding issues for FinServ marketers, reads the article.
On May 11, Christopher Rinaldi, digital strategist at ZAG Interactive, provides step-by-step directions to creating an on-site blog. However, he says, it’s important to also distribute the content.
“According to HubSpot,” Rinaldi writes, “60 percent of marketers say launching a blog is their top inbound marketing priority. Therefore, you must also drive traffic to your blog from your various content marketing tactics, including site promotions, e-newsletters, social media, statement inserts, in-branch signage and more offline and online tactics.”
Rinaldi writes for the publication that content marketing in the form of blogs can do the following for financial institutions:
- Lead Generation: Attract more financial consumers with valuable content. Then marketers can convert site traffic into leads by collecting email addresses.
- Thought Leadership: Demonstrate thought leadership in the financial sector, establish your financial institution as an authority, and position your team as experts by solving consumer problems with articles and blog posts that build trust.
- Market Intelligence: AKA, analytics. Gain valuable financial consumer insights, learning more about your target audiences from their feedback to your blog content.
- Search Engine Optimization: Improve your financial institution’s SEO by posting fresh and relevant content. Marketers can also position previous blog articles can rank for long-tail search queries.
- Social Media Integration: Support content marketing initiatives, generating inbound links to your blog from social media, email and other digital marketing tactics.
What do you think, marketers?
Please respond in the comments section below.