I once had Don Currier as a client — curmudgeonly founder and proprietor of “Las Vegas Insider.” It is one of the last old-fashioned B&W print newsletters mailed in a #10 envelope with a First Class stamp. If you love Vegas, LVI is must-read!
A sampling is Don’s fascinating inside look at how Uber is upending the Las Vegas Taxi industry.
Taxis vs. Uber: No Contest!
We hailed a cab for a short ride in scorching Philly the other a.m. An untidy driver spent the entire ride nattering on his cellphone in a foreign language with a gut-wrenching lead foot on the accelerator and brake. Check out why Peggy and I adore Uber.
Apart from the August issue of “Las Vegas Insider,” what triggered this Zinger were two fascinating updates on Uber:
1. The Wall Street Journal pointed out:
“Only two venture-capital-backed startups have surpassed a $50 billion valuation. Uber did it nearly two years faster than Facebook.” Wow!
2. The New York Times story on the debate whether Uber is a technology company or in the transportation business.
Takeaways to Consider:
- In a few short months, Uber has turned the ancient ride-for-hire business upside down and inside out — worldwide — and brought it into the 21st century.
- Uber is basically an app that put car owners together with folks needing a ride.
- No huge factories, warehouses, production lines or legions of employees, à la Henry Ford, Edison or Bezos.
- You can change world without ever leaving your laptop, iPad or iPhone.
Denny Hatch is marketing consultant, copywriter and designer. The author of four novels and 7 business books, his newest is Write Everything Right!
CLICK HERE to read the first 3 Chapters FREE.
For Kindle Edition information, CLICK HERE.
Denny can be reached at:
email@example.com • www.dennyhatch.com