Denny's Daily Zinger: Prioritize!
The sticky buns at Reading Terminal Market in Philadelphia.
Walk into Philly’s massive Reading Terminal Market and the aroma of sticky buns in the oven is overpowering!
Talk about brilliant marketing! Every month or so I buy a six-pack from the Amish ladies at the bakery counter.
These buns are divine—loaded with sugar, cinnamon and cholesterol. Michele Obama would scream Amish sticky buns will kill me.
Yeah, Michele, but whatta way to go!
From The Wall Street Journal, Aug. 1, 2014:
PUT DOWN THE CUPCAKE; NEW BAN HITS SCHOOL BAKE SALES
New Requirements May Squeeze Out Gooey Fundraising Fare; Fat Standard
Campus bake sales—a mainstay of school fundraisers—are going on a diet. A federal law that aims to curb childhood obesity means that, in dozens of states, bake sales must adhere to nutrition requirements that could replace cupcakes and brownies with fruit cups and granola bars. —Stephanie Armour
Takeaways to Consider
- This is about priorities.
- Even with Obamacare hype, in the second quarter of this year, 13.4 percent of the population is still without health care insurance—41.5 million Americans.
- US health care is ranked dead last among the world’s richest nations.
- Will banning school bake sales help the American health care disaster?
- School bakes sales are the equivalent of a flea on an elephant.
- To make a difference in life and career, it’s essential to concentrate on what’s important.
- I am in a continual fight with my brain not to become nerdy nanny obsessed with picking flycrap out of pepper while wearing boxing gloves.
Denny Hatch’s new book is “Write Everything Right!” Bob Schwarztrauber writes, “Veteran writer Denny Hatch has mastered the writing business. It is your good fortune and mine that he has come out with a brand new book that will help us avoid making time-wasting, profit-wasting mistakes when we write. His book is titled, “Write Everything Right!” You need this book if you are serious about writing and getting paid well for it.” Click here to download (Opens as a PDF) the first three chapters FREE. The title is also available on Kindle. Reach Denny at email@example.com.