David Meerman Scott probably wasn't listening to the Red Hot Chili Peppers when he thought of his latest bit of advice for content marketers which is, in the words of the musicians, "Give it away/give it away/give it away/give it away, now!" After all, those musicians weren't in the lineup at the "Gathering of the Vibes" that the marketing strategist attended on Saturday morning, when he did come up with this bit of advice for brands.
At the music festival, Scott ran into a man who was giving away nifty tie-dyed T-shirts, of which Scott picked a purple and blue number "with a pocket," according to Scott's Aug. 12 post on WebInkNow.
- 41 percent of marketers say content marketing yields positive ROI.
- 82 percent of blogging marketers see positive ROI for their inbound marketing.
- Inbound marketing delivers 54 percent more leads into the marketing funnel than outbound marketing.
Let content be a purple and blue tie-dyed T-shirt. Scott elaborates:
- "Sure some people will just take. But others will share the love with their friends, colleagues and family members, which helps spread your ideas."
- "Other people will want to give you something in return, like their money when they purchase your products."
Is David Meerman Scott right?
Please respond in the comments section below.